Monday, March 7, 2011

St. Patrick's Pillowcase

It's been a while since I've blogged and some of you might be wondering what I have been busy doing? Truth is...Nothing. I'm just a slacker, so I've decided to step it up and get crafting! I thought that for a fun tradition, that I'd make my son Holiday Pillowcases. For a couple weeks before and a couple weeks after a certain holiday, I'd let my son have these special handmade pillowcases. So here is my very first one!


St. Patrick's Pillowcase
Supplies needed:
3/4 Yard of Fabric
1/4 Yard of Accent Fabric

Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Easy
Cost: about $5

1. Fold accent fabric in half lengthwise with WRONG sides together (this way you wont have to hem it. I hate hemming!)


2. Sew the ends together to make a continuous piece.


3. Fold in half with the RIGHT sides together; Sew long side and 1 short side (this makes a bag)


4. Trim corners (to make nice sharp corners)


5. Turn larger fabric right side out and sew accent piece to it along the 1 open edge. (Sew the raw edge of the large piece to the sewed side of the accent piece)


6. Turn out the accent piece and press.



Presto! A cute pillowcase. You can buy special Holiday Fabrics at JoAnn's or another fabric store. I did like the 1 fabric that Walmart (I know, I know! Who buys fabrics at Walmart but I REALLY needed to craft and didn't want to drive) so I found this cute green and yellow fabric. If you have girls you can sew some lace between the 2 but I have a boy so No Lace for me! Enjoy and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! I love the holiday pillow cases. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan! There is tons more in this little brain of mine. Only problem is that I don't have the budget to satisfy my crafting needs.

    ReplyDelete