Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tucano's Fake Out


Let's be honest! I love Meat. Seriously, I love meat so much sometimes I crave it. I think I have a Protein Deficiency. One of my favorite places when I'm in one of my full blown Meat Cravings is Tucano's. Oh! The things that I could say about Tucano's...but I wont. My favorite thing there is the Garlic Tenderloin and I think I have come up with a pretty good fake out.

Ingredient:
Beef
Garlic, Grated
Sea Salt
Olive Oil



1. Cut the beef into about 1-2 inch chunks (slightly freezing it helps), set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together half a head of garlic, 2-3 tablespoons of sea salt, and 1/4-1/2 cups of olive oil until it makes a thick paste. I didn't have enough garlic but I used what I had.
3. Add beef to the bowl and let marinade over night or at least 4-6 hours. I didn't have enough time but still, it works. Side note: the meat turns a brown the longer it sits. Don't worry. It's still good.


4. When your ready to eat, take out the meat and sit it on a couple paper towels. Then one by one take the pieces and wipe off the marinade. You might be able to just rinse them but it takes away the flavor to me.

5. Skewer the meat and BBQ until to your liking. We like ours medium rare.


These are awesome! You'll love them!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds tasty! I have been craving meat lately!! Why do you wipe off the marinade? Is there a cut of meat that you like best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well when I made this on Saturday, I thought I had enough garlic but I didn't. You usually use a half to a whole head of garlic but I only had a quarter head. When you make it you'll have a lot of garlic paste on the meat and it usually burns if you don't wipe it off. You can try it with it still on but I always wipe it off.

    ReplyDelete