Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Tucano's Fake Out
Let's be honest! I love Meat. Seriously, I love meat so much sometimes I crave it. I think I have a Protein Deficiency. One of my favorite places when I'm in one of my full blown Meat Cravings is Tucano's. Oh! The things that I could say about Tucano's...but I wont. My favorite thing there is the Garlic Tenderloin and I think I have come up with a pretty good fake out.
1. Cut the beef into about 1-2 inch chunks (slightly freezing it helps), set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together half a head of garlic, 2-3 tablespoons of sea salt, and 1/4-1/2 cups of olive oil until it makes a thick paste. I didn't have enough garlic but I used what I had.
3. Add beef to the bowl and let marinade over night or at least 4-6 hours. I didn't have enough time but still, it works. Side note: the meat turns a brown the longer it sits. Don't worry. It's still good.
4. When your ready to eat, take out the meat and sit it on a couple paper towels. Then one by one take the pieces and wipe off the marinade. You might be able to just rinse them but it takes away the flavor to me.
5. Skewer the meat and BBQ until to your liking. We like ours medium rare.
These are awesome! You'll love them!