Friday, March 11, 2011

Chocolicious Frosting

This is the Frosting recipe that goes with the Devil's Food Cake from the same book, Devil's Food Cake by Josi S. Kilpack. It is exactly what the name says, chocolicious!

Sandra's Chocolicious Frosting
-1/2 cup butter
-2 tablespoons shortening
-1 cup baking cocoa
-8 ounces cream cheese
-3 cups powdered sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla

Melt butter and shortening. Whisk in cocoa and stir until smooth(my butter and cocoa clumped together so I added 2 more tablespoons of butter but it didn't help). Let cool until it is cool enough to touch. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Mine was thicker than I like so I added a tablespoon or 2 of milk.
Will cover two 9-inch layers or a 9X13 cake.

It turned out so amazing I would have eaten the whole bowl if I didn't have to frost the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment