Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goodbye


We have a huge tree next to our driveway. When I say huge, I mean 60 or more feet tall. Most of the tree is dead except on limb and one limb is cracking because of how dry it is. We decided to cut it down before it fell down and really hurt someone. In my inexperience I thought that we would just, zip zip, and it be down and taken care of. I was hoping it would only be 2 hours, HA! My mom and Step dad came with the boom truck at about 9 and from then on it was cut, cut, cut. I had to leave for a Primary Presidency meeting at 10 and when I came back at 10, I was hoping it would be down; I was sorely mistaken.

This is my Mom attaching the safety harness to my Step dad

My Step Dad and the truck

At one point, we were cutting down a large dead limb and we just couldn't get it to fall so we hooked it up to a truck and tried to pull it down but that didn't work. A kind construction worker saw us struggling and offered his assistance. That was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

This is the front loader/back hoe that helped us out.

This is one of our many, many loads of wood. Good thing it's going to a good home.

We missed calculated how large one of the tree limbs were and when it came down it went into the neighbor's yard. Good this nothing was damaged but we were scared for a while.

Timber!!

Not very many people showed up to help but those that did come were hard workers. It took us over 6 hours and it's not completely gone but the dead branches are gone and we can take care for the rest some other time. I'm just glad that we don't have to worry about the dead limbs falling and hurting anyone. Goodbye dead tree!

This is what the tree looks like now

No comments:

Post a Comment