Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Date Night Jar

My husband and I have only been married for 3 ½ years truth be told, we don’t get a lot of dating/one on one time. So I’ve decided to make it a tradition to have a weekly date night. Since the hubs works nights, that can be difficult with a 21 month old but I have solved that puzzle. I made a Date Night (or in our case-Day) Jar. I searched for fun date ideas that we can do, either when G is napping or for an hour with a baby sitter. Every Sunday, we are going to pick an activity and then decided which day is best of us to do because for us a set schedule isn’t going to work. I’ll be posting most of the activities that we do but first, here is a tutorial on how I made my jar.

1. I search date ideas online and printed them out. I cut them into strips of similar size.


2. I found an old jar (mine was a pickle jar) and washed it out really good. Then I printed out Date Night and attached it to the jar with heavy duty tape and filled the jar with the strips.



3. I cut some tulle and ribbon about 2 feet long, then I tied them the jar to make it look cute.



4. I spray painted the top of the jar with some paint I had left over and put some cute scrapbook paper on it. The paint was still tacky when I put down the paper so I didn’t have to use glue but you could use Mod Podge to attach it.



It turned out really cute and I can't wait to start using it on Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment