Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cookies

Today I had a Primary Presidency meeting for my church (I'm the Secretary) so I decided to make some of chocolate chip cookies to take with me. These are the best cookies in the world and thanks to my SIL (sister in law) , Julie, I have the recipe. After putting the butter and sugars in the bowl, I realized that when I wrote down the recipe I doubled it and I had only bought one bag of chips. No worries! I mixed the dough, froze half of it, and mixed the chips with the other half! It was perfect! Now whenever I need a cookie fix, I will have some in the freezer. How? You might ask, was I able to make cookies with a 21 month old running around. Well, truth be told, I started while he was napping and then I got an activity for him.
I laid out a towel (that helps with clean up), some dried beans, 2 bowls, and a spoon. I let him dump and pour to his heart’s content. He loved it and I didn’t worry about the mess. It’s the little things that make them happy!


The World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 ½ cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 cups Butter (1 ½ c softened, ½ c melted)
1 ½ c packed Brown Sugar
½ cups Sugar
2 small packages of Vanilla Pudding
4 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 bags Chocolate Chips (I use Ghirardelli 60% cocoa bitter sweet chips)
Preheat the oven to 350®. Sift Flour and Baking Soda and set aside. Melt ½ c butter (this makes them chewy). Add the rest of the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add pudding and mix until smooth. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour mixture until combined. Add chips. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.

You can also find this recipe at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Moms-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/Detail.aspx Try it! You won’t be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment