Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Taco Soup

I know! I know! It's been a LIFETIME since I've blogged so I thought I would get things moving with an amazing one. This is my recipe for Taco Soup. I got it a few years ago from the Paula Dean website. I'd just like to day I love her! If I could I would eat only her recipes but then I'd be 8,000 lbs and have no money. But anyways, I took her recipe and tweaked it to my liking. I love it and hope you love it too.


Taco Soup
  • 1pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 can pinto beans
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can whole corn
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can tomatoes with chilies
  • 1 can black olives, drained, sliced
  • 1 package taco mix
  • 1 package ranch salad mix
Cook onion. Add ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned. Drain fat and put beef into a crock pot. Add beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and tomatoes with chilies. Make sure to use add all liquids, too. Drain olives and add. I use whole olives and slice them myself (I think you get more that way) but you can use the already sliced one instead but I would use two cans.


Add the Taco Mix and Ranch Mix.

Stir all the ingredients together. Cook on LOW for about 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours (the longer the better).

This soup is good alone but it's even better with cheese, sour cream, and chips mixed in. Give it a try, I think you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment