Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Braided Sandwich


This is a recipe I came up with so I can use my White Bread dough for dinner. It's ham and cheese with a twist.
1. I rolled out half of the dough on to a greased cookie sheet and smeared the middle 1/3 with cream cheese (leave the sides empty, so you can braid it).


2. Layer ham (or any sandwich meat) over the cream cheese.


3. Top with a hand full of shredded cheese. Layer with more ham and more cheese (we like cheese in my family).

4. Cut the sides at a slight angle and make sure you have the same amount of cut or else your braid wont work out.


5. Stretch and fold over the top middle over the filling (this helps the cheese stay inside) and start braiding. I started on the Left and laid it over the filling. Then right, then left, right, left, right, left...Etc.


6. This is how it looks when its all braided. I brushed it with an egg wash, sprinkled it with garlic powder and a little parsley.


8. Pop it in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Mine took closer to 45 minutes for the color that I wanted. Let it cool about 5 minutes or else you'll burn your tongue like nobodies business.


We really loved this dinner! Of course we love anything with ham and cheese. Hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment